CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 20, 2010

Tree Hunt


I am not much for hunting.  I do not understand the 'game' mentality of it all but do not have a problem if you are going to use all the parts of what you have hunted rather than just stuff it and hang it on the wall.  So the Saturday after Thanksgiving we went out to hunt for a tree.  I have not cut down my own tree since I was a lid so after nap time we packed up the car and drove to a local tree farm.  Finding a tree was a tough choice.  I am allergic to most things including evergreens.  A few years ago we got a live tree and by the end of its existence in our house I was on the verge of death.  There are a few varieties out there that are more hypoallergenic. 


We sent Chloe out to find a tree.  Hard work for a 14 month old.

We were trying to find one just her size rather than the 7+ ft. tall ones.  
So we went to the area with tiny trees.

Of course she would have to pick the Charlie Brown tree and fall in love with it.  
She was a little upset when we moved on to more 'healthy' trees.
 

So we looked some more and this one seemed to also be approved by our little tree hunter.  
(Thankfully, it is one of the more hypoallergenic varieties.)

Daddy chopped it down for us while we watched and had snack time.
Grammy was there to keep the tree from falling on daddy's head.

At the end we had a family picture.

Overall, it was a fun time.  We will definitely be cutting down our own trees until Chloe is tired of the experience like I became as an older teenager.  We have had the tree about three weeks now and I have hardly had any allergy problems.  Woot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment