I am sure this is a typical blog topic for people. Reviewing the year and hoping for better in the next. I do not know if I hope for better but I do hope that I have learned some from this year. I look back a year ago today and I remember being at a point where I wondered if I should have become a mom; I was tired and missing being in the lab.I am probably one of the few people out there who gained weight after they became pregnant. I think I gained about 25 lbs from November to March. I am going to blame most of it on cortisol and adrenaline because I was not eating that much but I was very stressed, depressed, and tired. I have lost about half of that, or at least I had until a week ago and I think I gained a few lbs back. I find it depressing not to be able to fit into my clothes. Sure I could by different ones but they are not the same. My goal is to continue to lose the weight without crazy dieting. Ideally, I would be smaller than before I became pregnant. I am not out for the skinny look found in magazines, just the old Emily back.
Chloe is a hoot! I can't wait until; she can verbalize all she is trying to say in C-lingo. I could not have imagined how blessed I would be with my little punkie in my life.
I began several weeks ago reading the Chronological Bible with the goal of finishing it in a year, if not sooner. I decided to start before the beginning of the year while I was still motivated. It should be fun.
I hope I find a lab that has funding soon. I truly want to finish my PhD but feel stuck in limbo without a project or funding....hopefully this will change soon.
Moving...if our house sells. We plan to put it on the market this spring so we can move closer to my mom's house. I have spent the holiday break purging the house of donateable stuff and trash. Soon, I plan on fixing all the minor things...such as caulk and paint tough ups to get things moving along.
Overall, I am thankful for this year, what it has been, and that it is over.
Friday, December 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment