CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

to get a midwife

So the majority of my pregnancy I went to an OB/GYN. In fact I had to take Clomid to become pregnant. Somewhere around 26 weeks there was a final straw that made my husband join my camp of wanting a midwife birth. It involved my doctor, a lack of her wanting to support me in a drug free birth, stirrups, not wanting to answer my questions, etc. As upset as I was I must say I was overjoyed that hubby was finally on my side (long discussions and debates over this issue both pre and during prego). So the search was off. I phoned and interviewed many midwives. We narrowed the search down to two that we actually drove to and spoke with in person. Due to state law we had to got to Tennessee to have a 'home birth' and I wanted to be close enough to a hospital encase something happened. We finally decided on Birth Wellness, run by a wonderful woman. She opened her home to us and was just nifty.

So there it began. A bi weekly and then weekly drive to Chattanooga for the remainder of my pregnancy. Not to mention the added birth costs (~$3000 because our insurance does not cover midwives), gas, dining, my love of Clumpies Ice Cream, my car being totaled by someone, a new car payment, and discovery of an organic grocery store. Combined total of I do not want to think of how much it cost but overall very worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment